During my Science Journalism MA studies in London I had a fascinating experience with The Guardian, working with the science desk to investigate an important health issue while experimenting innovative online journalism methods:
In her seven part Guardian series Débora Miranda has investigated cervical cancer prevention strategies around the globe. Here she summarises some of her findings and lays out the decisions that doctors and policy-makers must now take.
- How do you choose the best vaccination against cervical cancer?
- Should boys be vaccinated against the human papilloma virus (HPV)?
- Should women under 25 be screened for cervical cancer?
- Cervical cancer: when should the UK switch to HPV testing?
- How does Africa tackle cervical cancer?
- We need to keep talking about cervical cancer prevention
Read the full series here.